Domestic Couple - New York, NY
Domestic Couple - New York, NY
Posted: 12/21/2016 - 10:39 am
Beautiful estate with a separate apartment for the couple in this idyllic property just 50 minutes from New York City. Working for a quiet husband and wife who splits their time between Manhattan and Long Island.
Female: Chef, Housekeeper, Server and a variety of activities
Male: Butler, Houseman, Driver
This is a formal home with top shelf, prior private home experience, skills and manners required.
Female will be a cook or chef, and male will be butler, houseman, driver and serving partner. The family is in need of formal cook/chef to prepare anything from traditional to gourmet meals. The right candidates for this opportunity will have to have prior experience working in a private, staffed home.
In this role, the cook will prepare simple and healthy lunches and dinners as well as occasional formal dinners. Dinner is typically served at 7pm and the couple would like dinner to be served in three courses by candlelight.
The couple occasionally hosts small, intimate dinners/parties (6-8 people). If they entertain for larger groups, wait staff will be hired. The right couple for the position should be comfortable to prepare a meal for up to 20 people.
The family prefers simple, yet healthy dinners staying away from heavy creams, butters, sauces, etc. They would like these dinners to be plated on their fine china nicely. The cook/chef must be flexible to work with their tastes and willing to accommodate recipes and be creative.
The family also has a live out full time housekeeper. Couple will assist with housekeeping and occasional deep cleaning.
The cook would also be responsible for shopping for the groceries (car will be provided), therefore this individual must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record required of both. In addition to shopping, the chef/cook will also be responsible for keeping up with kitchen inventory.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Keeping household stocked including food for all meals, beverages and pantry supplies, etc.
- Assisting cook with meals and service
- Assisting the housekeeping team with cleaning and maintenance: vacuuming, dusting, etc.
- Maintenance of vehicles
- Deep cleaning of the home occasionally
- Maintenance of wine
The Ideal Couple:
- Warm, friendly, upbeat personality
- Knows when to be visible and when to be invisible
- Knows when to be formal and when to be informal
- Has a roll-up-their-sleeves, teamwork mentality
- Comfortable running a dinner party from serving, directing, timing, wine pairings, knows when it’s time to pour the wine, knows proper table settings, etc.
- High energy
- Need to have schedule flexibility.
- Driver’s license – clean driving record
Schedule: Typical days off will be two consecutive days during the week, although Sundays and Mondays are acceptable after Labor Day and thru the winter months.
Accommodations: Recently renovated 3BDR apartment attached to the home. The couple is flexible to accommodate a small family to live on the premises.
Full Background and Reference Check Conducted