Property Manager Team - Algonquin Park area, ON
Property Manager Team - Algonquin Park area, ON
WHY DO WE SHOW EXPIRED LISTINGS?
Couple wanted for multi-year seasonal property management, near Algonquin Provincial Park
This position is best suited to a hands-on, self-motivated couple willing to work closely with one another in an unstructured environment. The location is a very peaceful and remote wilderness setting of outstanding natural beauty. The property features unique early Canadian buildings that have been lovingly cared for over many years.
Required work dates are May 5th-October 31st, 2023. Ideally, the property management team would return for the 2024 season and for subsequent years. The owners highly value the stability that long-term caretakers bring. This is a great position for individuals who travel or work other seasonal jobs during the winter.
The property is occupied by the owners for approximately 12 weeks per year and is staffed in the summer months with a seasonal crew that includes a chef, assistant chef, part-time cleaners and maintenance assistants. This is a busy period that will require focus and multi-tasking skills.
During the shoulder months, it will be the Property Mangers’ responsibility to prepare the property for the busy season by conducting spring opening, winter closing and completing infrastructure maintenance projects. Some hands on training will be provided by the retiring Property Managers in the first season.
• Energetic self-starters with sound work ethic. Organized, responsible and service oriented with good communication skills. Background in hospitality and guest services is a plus.
• Knowledge of basic maintenance and repair for plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and small engines. A fully equipped garage with tools is provided.
• Experience with a chainsaw preferred.
• Some experience in hiring and managing staff, including scheduling, communication and motivation.
• Familiarity with creating an annual budget, performing variance analysis, approving and coding property expenses.
• Experience preferred with Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, SharePoint)
• Healthy, physically fit, neat and clean appearance, drug-free with no criminal record. A pre-hire criminal background check will be conducted.
• Must have current emergency first aid certification and a Canada Boat Smart License (or agree to obtain both before starting contract.)
• Must have valid Canadian driver’s license (at least one person)
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
PRIMARY DUTIES: Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Spring opening of all buildings in preparation for the busy season. Cleaning, painting and repair as required. Packing and winterizing buildings and plumbing in the Fall.
• Provide an on-site presence at all times during guest season. It is top priority that guests experience gracious, warm and discreet service.
• Ongoing cleaning and janitorial duties, and oversight of staff in this area. There is a weekly “turn-over” day of guest lodgings as facilities are prepared for incoming groups.
• Grounds maintenance: mowing, leaf blowing, planting and maintenance of flower and vegetable gardens, brush collection and removal.
• Extensive trail clearing and maintenance of a 10 km private road with assistance of local staff.
• Transferring fuel, monitoring storage tank fuel levels.
• Maintenance/repairs on buildings, small engines and equipment as needed.
• Cleaning and maintenance of boats, canoes, and other recreational watercraft.
• Oversight of garbage disposal and removal.
• Hiring and management of seasonal housekeepers and chefs; assisting chefs if needed.
• Hiring and management of local service providers/contractors when needed.
• Liaising with local community stakeholders as a representative of the owners.
• Weekly reporting of property activity to the owners’ off-site representatives. Yearly reporting to owners.
• Creation of and adherence to seasonal budget including expense coding and reporting to accounting staff. Creation of a capital improvement plan for long-term implementation.
PAY: Salary to be negotiated based on experience.
ACCOMODATION: Housing is provided in a private caretaker’s cottage. Meals will be provided during the summer guest season.
TRANSPORTATION: A work truck and fuel are provided for duration of contract.
AMENITIES: Satellite internet, phone with unlimited Canada wide long distance calling. Staff have use of canoes and a staff fishing boat, hiking trails, swimming, etc during off hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Please respond through this ad with:
- A one-page cover letter explaining why you want the job and what appropriate skills you would bring.
- A resume with a list of current references.