Camp Host(s) - Port Renfrew, BC
Camp Host(s) - Port Renfrew, BC
WHY DO WE SHOW EXPIRED LISTINGS?
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR AWESOME PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
*** CURRENTLY HIRING FOR 2023***
JOB TITLE Camp Host | DEPARTMENT Campsites | REPORTS TO Camp Supervisor
HIRING FOR Cowichan Lake | Port Renfrew | Campbell River
FULL-TIME POSITION | FIXED TERM CONTRACT | SEASONAL
- 5 to 6 months contract full-time (depending on camp opening date).
- Your choice of locations will be depending on our hiring needs .
- A daily presence onsite will be required.
- A personal campsite will be provided for the duration of the
***Working on the Silvifor campground team can provide opportunities for seasonal work or a potential career change. If you enjoy working in the outdoors and are interested in Tourism, Hospitality, or rustic Forestry camping, please consider joining our team!
Our campgrounds are usually located on forest service roads and are considered ‘’rustic dry’’: they do not have electricity or potable/running water, only pit toilets / outhouses. A self-contained unit with a generator such as a camper/van/trailer/motorhome is required and won’t be provided by the employer.
Ideal candidates will be motivated and physically fit for the job (able to lift 50 pounds and walk around/stand for long periods of time). Common sense, initiative, team working, strong work ethic, discipline and good social skills are also required. Each candidate must have a clean criminal record check.
Some sites needs multiple Hosts, couples are welcome to apply. We also provide off-season work opportunities during campsites pre-season and post-season, and in the forestry industry year-round.
➢ This is not a typical job opportunity, it’s part of a lifestyle: you will live, work, and spend a lot of your free time at the same location.
➢ Our campsites are rustic, without commodities except latrines / outhouses. They are usually located on forest service roads; some are more isolated than others. You could be at least 40 minutes away from the closest town and services, for example.
➢ Providing a safe working space is Silvifor's highest priority. We have a comprehensive Safety Program in place which will provide you with all the tools and support needed to ensure you and your guests have a safe camping experience.
➢ All our positions require the employees to submit a criminal record check for vulnerable populations (children and elders), as well as a driver abstract. Following your hiring, you will need to participate to some short online courses (free of charge).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Hosts will be responsible for running all aspects of the campground onsite operations. As a campsite host, you are responsible to maintain a safe and secure environment for all visitors. Providing the highest customer service to our campers while maintaining a professional appearance at all times is essential. Here are some examples of the main tasks and expectations:
- Greeting and checking in campers.
- Revenue collections, writing receipts and cash reconciliations.
- Ensuring compliance of posted rules for campers.
- Cleaning and maintaining all areas of the park (sites, outhouses, beaches, roadways, and trails).
- Painting structures such as tables, sheds, site posts, and outhouses.
- Occasionally operating vehicles and small power tools such as golf cart, leaf blower, mower, electric clippers, and pruning saw.
- Performing other seasonal duties and special projects assigned – Pre/Post Season tasks.
- Complying with safety guidelines and being proficient in emergency procedures.
EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
A daily presence onsite will be required. Hosts will need to be onsite the majority of their time during their contract. We usually hire 1 Host for about 30 sites, depending on the spread and size of the campsites:
➢ Biggest campsites (70+sites) = up to 3 Hosts (2 Main Hosts + 1 Support Host).
➢ Mid-size campsites (40 to 70 sites) = up to 2 Hosts (1 Main Host + 1 Support Host).
➢ Smallest campsites (up to 40 sites) = 1 Main Host.
Due to the challenge of ensuring all of our sites are properly maintained, we may ask you to be flexible with the site that we think is best suited for your particular experience and skill set. Please note that in addition to 40 campsites that we manage in partnership with Recreation Sites & Trails BC, we also manage 13 campsites in another forestry partnership, for a total of 53 locations. Not all sites require Hosts.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Prior cash handling experience.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Capable of movements such as bending, stooping, kneeling, and lifting.
- Able to work well unsupervised at a fast pace while maintaining quality standards.
- Proficient with online platforms and web basics.
- Experience in customer service in the fields of Tourism or Hospitality, or any related experience.
- Experience in landscaping or maintenance.
- First Aid Certification.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO PROVIDE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE
- Criminal Record Check & Drivers Abstract
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT REQUIRED FROM YOU
- A proper self-contained unit (camper, van, motorhome, trailer) and your own way of transportation to and from the campsite.
- A dry outdoor space with a small table is recommended to comfortably interact with guests on rainy days and to put up messages or open sites board (awning, canopy, large umbrella).
- A generator (we can’t guarantee you’ll get enough light to run on solar energy). - Gas, propane, and a cell phone with data plan. - Water containers (we have access to close-by locations with potable water where you can go fill up your water jugs for free). - Water pump and hose if needed. - A printer and black ink (we’ll refund office supplies and ink cartridges during your season). - Appropriate clothes and shoes for outdoor work and lifestyle in all weather conditions.
WHAT WE PROVIDE AND OFFER
- A decent and fixed monthly salary with a bi-weekly pay per direct deposit (details provided regarding of location).
- A campsite free of charge.
- Full training and support, including safety orientation, 1-on-1 coaching and online training.
- Various documents, tools, supplies, and equipment needed to operate as per the standards (safety training and equipment, maintenance tools, cleaning and toilet supplies, portable radios, golf cart or mini-truck, satellite equipment or signal booster, etc.).
- Long-term, part-time and off-season work opportunities in the forestry industry.